1. Sean Weatherspoon Mizz – He has gained momentum during workout season, but new questions are being raised about his cocky attitude. He has speed, and while he is somewhat undersized, he can play inside or outside depending on who picks him. I see him as a late first rounder, but he could end up at #11 to Denver or #15 to the Giants.
2. Sergio Kindle Tex – At times he’s a force, but there are character concerns. He had a DUI in 2007, and in another incident, he crashed is car while supposedly texting.
3. Jerry Hughes TCU – An undersized DE in college, he projects to a pass rushing OLB. He’ll fit in best with a team who will give him time to learn a new position. But by most accounts, his transition should be fairly smooth.
4. Thaddeus Gibson OSU – Gibson is doomed by the probable bust that is the Vernon Gohlston pick a couple of years ago. I don’t think that’s fair. Gohlston looked stiff at OLB despite being an athletic freak at the combine the year he was picked. I have read that Gibson has adapted well to OLB drills. From what I saw at the combine, his transition will be easier. I think some team will luck out with Thad in round 2. And I’m not just saying that because I’m a Buckeye. At least I don’t think I am.
5. Koa Misi Utah – Another guy, like Gibson, who seems to have taken to a move to OLB.
6. Jason Worilds VT – I’m getting lazy now, so see Gibson and Misi.
7. Ricky Sapp Clem – I could say “see above” for this guy too. But it should be noted that he’s had injury issues. Plus, I haven’t heard the raves about Sapp that I’ve heard about the last 3 guys. I’ve also heard that his character needs to be assessed, but I admittedly couldn’t exactly find out why.
Guy with good workouts but who is on the small side: Daryl Washington TCU – seems ideal for what the Colts do on defense
Another small guy: Rennie Curran UGA – Maybe should have gone back for his Sr. season.
Guy who seems to be slipping because of off-the-field issues: Navorro Bowman PSU – Plus, he’s smallish.
Guy who was on the fast track before he got hurt: O’Brien Schofield Wisc – He was adapting nicely to a move from DE to OLB. And then he blew out a knee. Ouch.<!--EndFragment-->