1. St. Louis – Sam Bradford QB Okl – It seems the Rams are hung up on him. But if they need a QB, which they do, they should take Clausen. I think they will live to regret this. Not every guy who once shredded his shoulder is Drew Brees.
2. Detroit – Ndamukong Suh DT Neb – They are tempted to take Okung, but Suh is a once-every-decade DT. He was the best college player in 2009 and he’s the best player in this draft.
3. Tampa Bay – Gerald McCoy DT Okl – They will do back-flips Jason Pierre-Paul style if Suh or McCoy is there. Tampa is in better shape than any 1st round team.
4. Washington – Trent Williams OT Okl – I’m buying the talk that the Skins think Williams fits their zone-blocking scheme better than Russell Okung. Speaking of Okung…
5. KC – Russell Okung OT Ok St – I am tempted to give them Eric Berry here but I belive that Scott Pioli won’t take a safety in the 1st round unless he trades back. Which he may do.
6. Seattle – C.J. Spiller RB Clem – Pete Carroll wants him and he can’t wait until #14. That may burn him in his search for an OT.
7. Cleveland – Jimmy Clausen QB ND – Mike Holmgren doesn’t want to wait around for guys like Colt McCoy or Dan LeFevour, possible 2nd round options, to adjust to the pro-style game. He’ll take the most pro-ready QB.
8. Oakland – Rolando McClain LB Ala – Maybe they will trade this pick to the Steelers for the suspended Big Ben. But if they keep it, I think Oakland will make the ultimate “throw everybody off” pick and actually take a good player.
9. Buffalo – Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa – I think elderly GM Buddy Nix will make some weird picks. But this won’t be one of them. I think Bulaga is right up their alley. But they would also like Clausen if he falls to them.
10. Jacksonville – Derrick Morgan DE GT – They never would have got the premiere DE at #10 in past years. They should send a “Thank You” card to all of the 3-4 teams in the league.
11. Denver – Maurkice Pouncey C Fla – They want McClain but he’s gone. A 10-year starter is a good, albeit not exciting, pick here.
12. Miami – Eric Berry S Ten – If the Chiefs and Browns don’t take him, I think he could fall. He’s a talented player at a time when, I think, people are hesitant to give safeties big money. The Dolphins have so many options here it will be hard for them to go wrong.
13. San Francisco – Kyle Wilson CB Boise St – I believe they have him higher on their board than Joe Haden. And CB is a need pick for a team with no real GM. A curious situation.
14. Seattle – Anthony Davis OT Rut – The Hawks gambled that a top OT would be there at #14 and they were right. It’s just that Davis has the most questionable attitude of the OTs taken so far.
15. NY Giants – Mike Iupati OG Idaho – The fans want McClain. The team might too. But he’s long gone now. Iupati fills a need and he’s an excellent, and versatile player. Fans will applaud this pick…later.
16. Tennessee – Carlos Dunlap DE Fla – Surprise choice here, but I don’t think they trust Jason Pierre-Paul this high. Dunlap is a Florida grad like former Titan star Jevon Kearse. The Titans overlook Dunlap’s recent DUI because of his 4.6 speed.
17. San Francisco – Rodger Saffold OT Ind – SF needs a tackle. I’m betting that they have Saffold rated higher than workout freak Bruce Campbell and SoCal guy Charles Brown.
18. Pittsburgh – Joe Haden CB Fla – I honestly think the Steelers would rather have Kyle Wilson. If they trade up with Oakland or some other top 10 team, they may take Wilson earlier than anyone would have thought.
19. Atlanta – Brandon Graham DE Mich – I think the ATL sees Graham as their version of Dwight Freeney.
20. Houston – Earl Thomas S – I feel like Thomas can fit in here at S or CB. This would be a steal for the Texans. I could also see them taking another favorite of mine: Ryan Matthews.
21. Cincinnati – Aaron Hernandez TE Fla – A big shocker here. But Cincy has some blockers at TE and Hernandez is the best receiving TE in the draft. I’m guessing that they see Hernandez as a Dallas Clark-type of player to go along with Ochocinco and Antonio Bryant.
22. New England – Jared Odrick DT PSU – The Pats find their replacement for Richard Seymore. Odrick is an athletic DT that can be shifted to DE in the 3-4 sets. Seems like a classic Patriots’ pick.
23. Green Bay – Devin McCourty CB Rut – I would rather see them pick Patrick Robinson or Kareem Jackson, but I think they’re buying the McCourty hype. They could take an OT here like Charles Brown, Bruce Campbell, or Vladimir Ducasse.
24. Philidelphia – Jason Pierre-Paul DE USF – They might take a CB here, but I think they will be too tempted by JPP’s athletic ability if they stay put here. But all I’m hearing is that Philly wants to trade up.
25. Baltimore – Kareem Jackson CB Ala – The Ravens grab a young, physical CB who fits their style of play.
26. Arizona – Colt McCoy QB Tex – I just have a hunch that the Cards are not satisfied with Matt Leinart and Derrick Anderson as their top two QBs.
27. Dallas – Bruce Campbell OT – The Boys need an OT and Jerry Jones loves athletes. This just makes sense to me.
28. San Diego – Ryan Matthews RB Fres St – The Chargers get a replacement for LaDanian Tomlinson.
29. NY Jets – Sergio Kindle OLB Tex – Rex Ryan grabs a guy who can learn under Jason Taylor for a year.
30. Minnesota – Morgan Burnett S GT – The Vikes don’t buy the Taylor Mays hype so they grab this fast riser.
31. Indianapolis – Sean Weatherspoon LB Mizzou – He seems like a prototypical, fast Colts ‘backer.
32. New Orleans – Everson Griffen DE USC – The Saints need a replacement for Charles Grant on the D-line.<!--EndFragment-->